August 18, 2004

You Have Left Me

You have left me
To this cruel world
To live alone
Like a caveman hiding from a hunter in the cold

You have put my love
On trial
The way you shut me out
The truth that you deny

Two years
Was nothing to you
The things we have done and seen
Now because of you, I am truly blue

Too blue
To see the world
In an optimistic eye

Too blue
To taste the true taste
Of life

Why have you thrown away my heart?
The lies that you told me I hold on to and cry at every night

Sometimes I wish
That you had killed me
Instead of having leaving me like this

Why you had to go
And do what you did
It’s a curse, not bliss

I should be dead
Not alive
How I dreamed of being in your arms
Oh so many times

Why?
Why?
Why?

Why are you so wicked?
Why all the lies?
Why tearing up my heart?

Now I am alone
Now I die slowly
Now the world can collapse on me
And I wouldn’t care

This birthday will really be different
Now that you are gone
Maybe I can commit suicide with a free mind
Because I have lost my soul

No comments: