August 24, 2004

Isn't This What Your Heart Wanted All Along?

Isn't this what your heart wanted?
Isn't this what you wanted all along?
Isn't this the type of Devil you really are?
The one, who, wrecks hearts and homes?

Aren’t you the type to break a man's heart?
And send his tears through the tap?
Aren't you the type to distinguish that spark?
To have it your own way? To make him look like a baby without the decency of giving him the opportunity to understand?

Kill the messenger
Kill the hope
Kill the undying need
Of love in this soul

Kill me
Kill my heart
Kill my hope for a white flower
For a light in the dark

Hang me from a tower
For everyone to see
What the hope of finding love
Has done to me

Search my veins
Search my head
Search my hands
All you'll find are traces of a hope that is dead

Burn me
Burn me
Burn me and this lighting desire

Shoot me
I no longer want to live
With this loneliness that I live everyday, which I silently cry out

May God take my soul
Before I do it myself
May God forgive me

For thinking like this

No comments: