August 24, 2004

Just A Dream, A Wish

It was dark

I could only make out an image of what could have been a figure

I saw the light that it was leading me to
I saw the face behind it, too
I saw your eyes and I was glued
I saw you and I knew that this must be a dream, because I haven't met you

I heard your voice and it was soft
I heard your voice as if a whisper
I heard your voice and I called it love, too soon to hinder
I heard you and I said to myself 'let me not wake up from my dream - ever'

I felt your hand on my face
I felt the warmth of love, which, I wish to embrace
I felt your smile through your hand as it passed on the summer love with all its grace
I felt you and I wished to God that I could feel it all over again

I woke up, suddenly, in my bed
A tear in my eye, a frown on my face, not a smile
I was in hospital tied up with many wires
Blood, agony, and a restless fever in my eyes
I only wish you were here to ease my suffering tonight

Let this Valentine's be new to me
Let the agony be gone and set me free
Let the wind fill me with the strength of your love beneath my feet
Let me stand so I can call out your name, let me see your face again, let me once again feel the love that I am deprived of, please

I love you - whoever you are
I wish you a happy Valentine's and much happiness - where-ever you are

No comments: