August 24, 2004

When?

As the sun dawns over the mountains
Beyond my window
My eyes fight
To open up in front of the screen

I think of my life
I think of the moments that when
My life used to have
A meaning

I turn and gaze
I smile and smile again
I look at my mobile phone
I tip sip off a 7up can and not COKE
And I remind myself it'll all be over soon

When will I see you?
When will stop being alone?
When will the nights stop being so lonesome?
When will phone bills go through the roof once more?
When will I see you?
When will I turn away?
When will the thoughts that I have just turn away?

I have a TV
I have a digital receiver
I have a PC
A hard drive and a printer
I have two game consoles that I don't use
It's the same with my heart and my mind, technically, if only you knew

I have a mind
A wonderous mind
A hand-watch, actually five
What good is time if I can't have you in my life?

I have everything
And nothing
I have the world at my fingertips
But no one to share it with

This must be the reason that God made Eve for Adam
They call me Ghosty, you must be the Phantom

When will I see you?
When will you come my way?
When will you make me stop asking so many questions?
When will you just kiss me and say "it's ok"?

When?
When?

When?

No comments: