August 24, 2004

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, when the Sun comes up in the sky
Will you be able to wake up and not cry?
To the sound of the birds singing your name in the sky
Deliver her to me, dear God, please, before I die

Tomorrow, when the Moon rests on the sea
And when you go to sleep
Will you dream of me?
I wish you could, so you could see how much I am suffering, without you here next to me

Tomorrow, when you pass me by on the sidewalk
Will you turn, smile, and go
Or will you pay no attention to a stranger you have never known
I wonder if you think of me

Tomorrow, when I would be admitted into the bed
When all my tears have been shed
When all my hopes and fears have gone over into the land of the dead
Do you think by that time you would know me enough to visit me?

Tomorrow lies in my heart
A twinkle, a spark, a love-rose in the pot
I will always think of you
But will you ever think of me?
I will always have you in my heart
But will you deny me the passion to be in your life?
I will always think of the day when we would pass by each other, smile at each other, perhaps even sit down and talk to each other
But would you, ever think, of the same of me?

Tomorrow lies in my heart
The past is forgotten, it’s in the dark
The present I hold in my hands
The hope of meeting you, and to love you, and that you would understand

This is the truth, which I hold

The life within me

No comments: