August 17, 2004

There Is Hope, Yet, For Us All

Devastation is the word that's popular these days
Simple folk curse and feelings are fake

Hearts are burnt in the chest
From treacheries in relationships which are broken and can never be mended or put to rest

Guns are fired
Souls are killed
Bazookas aimed
Wars waged

All for the satisfaction of man
Why is it that we can't understand
That life is a much bigger meaning to comprehend?
That our children are dying from our simple mistakes?
That we can never have what we always want everyday?

A hand on my shoulder
A tear in my eye
The cold fear I feel
Deep within my heart

Will I see the sunset tomorrow?
I don't know
Will I enjoy the next winter?
I don't know
Will I ever grow old?
I don't know
I can only wish that I would use my mind to become wiser
There is yet hope for us all

No comments: