August 24, 2004

S U P E R M A N

I'm no superman
I'm a human being
I try to struggle in this life
I try to be me

I'm always told to alive
To stay free
To live the time
But I can't – see?

I have my problems
I have a way of thinking
I have a way in life
I try to look danger in the eye, without blinking

But I'm no superman
Although I try to be
People call me Mr. Pessimistic
But that's just me

I'm no superman
Although I try to be
I try to live to everyone's expectations
But it's as if the nations have called for the beheading of me

I try to be
Who I'm not
I try to see
But I end up wrong

I'm not complaining
I'm telling a story
A story of me
A man with no vision, no future – I'm sorry

If you want a superman
You've come to the wrong man
I'm not that kind of a person
Although I try to be that kind of a man

I could go on like this
Telling you all this crap
But honestly, truly
Why would you want to understand?

My problems are mine
Mine to keep
Mine to drown in
My eyes, they weep

Even if I found a woman, just for me
Would she understand me?
Would she stay with me?
Would she – in time – betray me?

The heavens have once clashed upon my head
And destroyed my every nerve
They told my heart to beat
And to call it 'love'

But even then
I couldn't stand it
I tried to hold it within
But now my mind has banned it

Now that life for me
Is in a late age
It's time for me
To move on again

Maybe I'll stumble once again
Upon another beautiful woman who will understand
That in her eyes

I'll always try to be… a superman

No comments: