August 17, 2004

A Blind Man's Dream - Part Three: The Fantasy

… A kiss

“Why?”

“Why is moonlight so bright?”

“But I hardly even know you”
“Even though I care enough to show you”

“I love you”
“From all my heart”
“You are that simple wish I wished”
“You are the spark in my heart”

A hand on mine
Her eyes looking into mine

A favor from God
A wish fulfilled from up above

A walk on the beach
On the shore
Our faces in the winter’s breeze
As the waves roar

Rosy cheeks
Brown eyes inglued
I am obsessed
Solely in love with you

“How can you trust someone you hardly know?”

“If only you knew how my heart pulsates increasingly, when you show”

“But are you not afraid?”

“Of what?”

“If I was someone you wouldn’t…”

“… Want?”

Eyes down
In shame
How could I think of such a question?
How? In God’s name!

Here she is
Standing before me
Standing
So elegantly

“Why are YOU afraid?”
“Why do YOU push back?”

“I fear of taking the past ways again”
“I fear of having no one, this time, to break my land”

I grow weary of my pain
I am imprisoned in the darkness
Held against my will
In this obscurity, do I tilt
Do I hurt in vain

“Would you hurt me?”
“Would you love me?”
“Would you tear my heart apart down the line?”

“Would you stay with me?”
“Would you betray me?”
“Would you I still be, in years to come, on your mind?”

“I feel like I have known you all my life”
“As if God made you for me”
“I want to be with you all the time”
“Even to see you in my dreams”


There goes destiny
Down the line
Where darkness is obsessed with the thought
Of eternal night

“My valentine had left me”
“A long time ago”
“I used to think that she was the one for me”
“Until she told me our relationship was no more”

Stop not, my heart
From beating for this soul
For you are my guide
You are my light
You are the one I turn to, when I am alone

“I wonder how that light shines off of your eyes?”
“I wonder, is it the Moon and the Sun, that, inside there, lie?”

“I couldn’t care if I was the sunshine or the rain”
“I couldn’t care if I had all the happiness in the world, to gain”
“I couldn’t care less if life was without you”
“The beauty that never sleeps. The harness it breaks. The only one moment of truth”

Moonlight, upon the clouds
Strikes abound, without a sound

Thoughts roam
Here and there
Where do we go from here?
Now that are our paths are unclear?

“I wish I could say to you all the things I wanted to say”
“But, the problem is that you are in my imagination. You are not real. You are just my dream”
“Never here to stay”

“Imagine the things that you want to say to me”
“Define them into emotions”
“I am here, if you want me. Just say”

Another bridge
Across the land
How do I continue on?
Without a helping hand?

“You are the wind to me”
“That steers my ship”
“Even though you are not here”
“I wish you could have been”

Another star in the distance
Fading in the sky, from waiting too long
Another feeling inside dying
From burning on and on

Another tear
Across the face
Another heart
Misplaced

Another time?
Another way?
I wouldn’t know
Only God would; come what may

I looked into the darkness
All around me
I saw her figure
Right in front of me

“Why are you still here?”

“I am your hope”

“But I don’t believe in it…”

“… Anymore? Yes, I know”

I couldn’t ask for anything else
My heart beats on. My will thrives. My patience being in test.

No comments: