August 18, 2004

Taking My Life

Taking my life
Into my own two hands
With this knife
I think of why is it I stand

Sitting here
Thinking of you
Then thinking of what I am writing
Through and through

Simple words
You say to me
Make me stop
Make me think
Make me stare

I stopped thinking about her
From time to time
Because of what you said to me

I printed out your email
Not because of your poetic lines
But because I believed in thee

I even have two copies
One at home
One in my car…

But I stopped thinking about anything good
Permanently
Girls, I see
Bitches - maybe, too
But no one as sweet
As sweet as you

I try to keep myself on track
I try to make myself understand
That it is I who is in gain

I try to look onward and see the sun shine
Where the glow keeps glowing, never hides
But all I ever feel is rain - cold bitter rain

Not the type
That I love
Not the type with the blowing wind
But the type that just keeps pouring down on you
Until eventually, there is no more

It is that day – the one that has no more
That I am looking for

One day
The sun will shine my way
And I will need MIB sunglasses to get over them
Because they’ll be shining for me

Telling me
This is your day
You are the ghost
You are Ghosty

You will live on
You will understand
This is life
You have Hods to help you at hand

This is a phase
For if I fail
Then I am no better than she is
The pain
That I am feeling is cold, can’t explain it because it’s bitter

Sunshine
Come my way
Let your sunrays
Shine on me

Lead me
To the one who will truly love me for me
Lead me
To my happiness and to accomplishing my dreams
Lead me
To the white rose that truly exists on this Earth
Help me
Keep my friends - whether they like it or not

White roses
Red roses
Yellow, too

This is how much
I am missing
The one who is making me all sad and blue

I love you
Wherever you are
Whoever you are

And yes
To answer your question
A woman is all my life, love, and heart

For without her
I cannot live
Without her
I cannot exist

Words?
Maybe, true

But to me
I am willing to make it my reality
Even if it means that, I would die for it

No comments: