August 18, 2004

Heaven

Wonder what the world would see of me?
If I pray?
If I grieve?
If I die today?

The windows of the world. Are open now. You can see your obstacles. You can fly all around.

“I can see clearly now the rain has gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.”

The Sun shines so bright.
Behind the clouds.
Moving it away.

The tender night.
Of which you are bound.
Will come, one day.

Sometimes
I lie awake in my bed
And just think

Why did I lose my way?
Why wasn’t I pushed back?
Why couldn’t I resist?

You could not resist the temptations. Only the strong can. Your will is weak, but your heart is strong. Thus, one day, you will understand. You will understand. That there’s a day for everything. To lie. To cheat. And even to sing. Your past is past. Your present is here. The future is to follow. Although it is unclear. What you don’t know. Won’t hurt you. Thus, you must show. That no one can hurt you.

The mind. Is a simple game. You control it. You control your way. Don’t set your foot into the dark path of sorrow. Follow the yellow-bricked road.

I have tried
And I have failed
Resulting
To no avail

What must I do?
In order to retain?
The happiness that I once had?
The smile I once had on my face?

I saw the Moon last night
High above the clouds
Swiftting slowly with its eyes
On everything around

Silver sky
Dark blue
When will I ever
Come to find you?

In one voice. In one strong voice. The world united and said;

“You are your own will
You’re your own protector
Kill or be killed
For you are your own savior”

The weakness in my heart
Became strong
The way people laughed at me
Mattered to me, no more

I could not be silent
Any longer
I can only speak the truth right now
Than to become a blunder

I stood up, with the flag in one hand. And the other rose up so high. People rushed to me to hear what I wanted to say. The reason to which I proclaim. To what I am today.

I am a human being!
Just as you are!
Just as our mothers gave birth to us!
How we live, and the way we are!

They took the flag out of my right
And tied both behind my back
They put a gag into my mouth
And blinded my eyes for that

“You’re not worthy of living”
They said
“You’re a disgrace to the human beings”
They went on to say

One of them shuffled something out of his pocket. Clicked it. Placed it against the back of my head.

“Not to worry”
He said
“I’ll put you out of your misery”
Then I was blinded

It was dark for a moment
Then I could see some light
I still couldn’t see a thing
Like darkness had called its force upon the night

I was flying
I was floating
Something was pulling me towards the light
Pulling me softly

And then there was nothing
All I could hear was some strange music

The air was filled with some strange music. I could hear nothing else. The tugging had eventually stopped. I was alone.

All of a sudden, this bright shiny light came towards me. It was fascinating. Indescribable. I could not dare myself to reach out and touch it. It was magnificent.

And then I heard a beautiful feminine voice. As if humming. Appealing to me to listen. As I concentrated, I could vaguely make out the words;

“They were wrong about you
They don’t know you”


Naturally, this came as a surprise to me, alongside with everything else that was happening. Having some kind of manner or being talking to me, or at least, I thought it was.

What are you talking about?
Who was wrong about what?

They say your inner wishes
Become your dreams
But if these are my wishes
Then I know that they cannot be achieved

“You are wrong”

How so?

“The future is in your hands
And you know
That it is you who must understand
To where your future must go”

Somehow
This got to me
How I must understand
My own needs

It’s the business of perfection
For my life at hand
How this simple process
Will help me get rid of the miseries in my mind

The river of life
Is at flow
Where it will stop
Nobody knows

I stopped trying to find out. On whom I am. I saw what a waste it was. Just trying to understand.

Then these few thoughts popped into my mind. Out of nowhere;

Go back
To whom you must be
The person inside of you

Ghosty

No comments: