August 18, 2004

Maybe

Maybe life wasn't meant to be like this
Maybe I wasn't meant to be who I am
There are times when I feel at bliss
And others when I feel like I am dying

Maybe the Sun would shine on me one day
Maybe the Moon would one day shine its light upon me
Maybe I'll see your smile one day
Maybe, just maybe, we'll click, and you’ll like me

Maybe the line of the past wasn't meant to be this long
Maybe the future is meant to be shorter than this
Maybe I am just thinking too darn loud
Maybe I should forget about all of this

Maybe one day, I'll find you
And maybe on that day I'd invite you for a cup of tea
And you'd smile – oh my God - what a smile
You'd fill my soul and make it at ease

Maybe this poem is just too long
Maybe the feelings I have are just too strong
Maybe I should keep my feelings to myself
Maybe, I don't know, I wish I was right about being wrong

No comments: