August 17, 2004

Five Reasons To Stay Alive

Five reasons to stay alive

Love
Hope
Life
God
And you

Last death wishes on a blind man’s tongue

Bear not the light
With a frightened face
For the sun cannot harm you
Where it does not rise

Life is a like a candle
One day it will wither away
And along with it
It will take you

Safe is the place
On the other side
Although it may never have green grass
You will never hear any lies

The blind man stroke his chin
Crossed his heart
Faced the sky

His eyes were as they were
But it looked as if they were searching for something
What will the heart cannot deny

The air stiffened
The man was gone
His body was there
But his soul was not

Til death do us part
I will always have a broken heart

Someday I will die
And you will not be here
I hope that day never comes
For I don’t have a blind man’s courage nor spears

Butter and cream
Marshmallows in your dreams
I am hanging by a thin line
Between reality and fantasy

No comments: