August 17, 2004

Blue Ribbon Beauty - Part One

We smiled
We just kept on smiling
Her eyes into mine
Our lives were connected

Hi’
‘Hi’
We stood there. We didn’t talk
We couldn’t speak. We couldn’t breathe. We just had to fall

‘Can I buy you a coffee?’
‘Maybe a drink?’
Anything to make you happy
Anything to make you stay with me

My life is embodied by the jewels that are around me
Your eyes; your lips; the elegance that surrounds me

‘If I could be this night’
‘I would ask to stay forever like this’
‘Why is that?’
‘So I can always remember you like this’

She just stood there and smiled
Her eyes gleamed like an innocent child

‘Would you like to sit down and have a chat?’
‘Maybe a better chance for us to know each other, to get to understand’

She was like a wildflower
Blooming, while she gazed
My heart was racing
Unstoppable, at this stage

Blue ribbon, on her hair
You’d think I was nuts
But I assure you
I have seen her before. Where and how? And why was I unaware?

Life beyond life
Beauty beyond compare
This night
This passion flare

Looking at her
‘You’re late’
She looked at me suddenly, worryingly
‘What took you so long to come into my life? Today?’

I only wish
I had seen you before
I have only dreamed of this moment
For a night, with you, to hit into my heart – the centre of my love, the core

Her cheeks blushed
She stared into the floor
She was smiling deeply
Yet she could not hide it at all

She flapped her hair over her ear
That is beauty
That is beauty
To me

I wish I could have said to her
That day
How could I let her go?
‘I have to go now; maybe we’ll meet some other day’

As she got up heading for the door
She turned around, smiled back at me, but unaware
That as she headed out
Something had fallen off of her, but I think she did it on purpose to show how much she cared

Getting up to reach it
Before it fell to the floor
She left, but the image of her, in my heart, it will always be
I pray that I will know her, one day more

As I knew I had another chance

Because of the blue ribbon within my hands

No comments: